By James Duncan Davidson
Learning Cocoa with Objective-C is the ’’must-have’’ booklet for those who are looking to advance functions for Mac OS X, and is the single booklet licensed and reviewed via Apple engineers. in line with the Jaguar liberate of Mac OS X 10.2, this version of Learning Cocoa comprises examples that use the handle booklet and common entry APIs. additionally integrated is a convenient speedy reference card, charting Cocoa’s origin and AppKit frameworks, in addition to an Appendix that features a directory of assets necessary to any Cocoa developer--beginning or advanced.Completely revised and up-to-date, this 2d version starts off with a few uncomplicated examples to familiarize you with the fundamental components of Cocoa programming in addition Apple’s Developer instruments, together with undertaking Builder and Interface Builder.After introducing you to undertaking Builder and Interface Builder, it brings you fast on top of things at the innovations of object-oriented programming with Objective-C, the language of selection for construction Cocoa purposes. From there, each one bankruptcy offers a special pattern application that you can construct, with effortless to persist with, step by step directions to educate you the basics of Cocoa programming. The innovations you are going to research in every one bankruptcy lay the root for extra complicated recommendations and ideas awarded in later chapters.You’ll find out how to:
- Effectively use Apple’s suite of Developer instruments, together with venture Builder and Interface Builder
- Build unmarried- and multiple-window document-based applications
- Manipulate textual content facts utilizing Cocoa’s textual content dealing with capabilities
- Draw with Cocoa
- Add scripting performance in your applications
- Localize your software for a number of language support
- Polish off your software via including an icon to be used within the Dock, supply support, and package deal your software for distribution
Each bankruptcy ends with a chain of Examples, difficult you to check your newly-learned talents through tweaking the applying you’ve simply equipped, or to return to an previous instance and upload to it a few new performance. strategies are supplied within the Appendix, yet you’re inspired to profit through trying.Extensive programming adventure isn't really required to accomplish the examples within the e-book, even though adventure with the c language might be invaluable. while you're acquainted with an object-oriented programming language reminiscent of Java or Smalltalk, you'll quickly arise to hurry with the Objective-C language. in a different way, simple object-oriented and language innovations are coated the place needed.
Read Online or Download Learning Cocoa with Objective-C, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar object-oriented software design books
Groovy and Grails Recipes is the busy builders’ consultant for constructing purposes in Groovy and Grails. instead of dull you with theoretical wisdom of “yet one other language/framework,” this publication delves immediately into fixing real–life difficulties in Groovy and Grails utilizing easy–to–understand, well–explained code snippets.
The e-book serves as a primary advent to desktop programming of medical functions, utilizing the high-level Python language. The exposition is instance and problem-oriented, the place the purposes are taken from arithmetic, numerical calculus, facts, physics, biology and finance. The e-book teaches "Matlab-style" and procedural programming in addition to object-oriented programming.
Clojure is a pragmatic, general-purpose language that provides expressivity rivaling different dynamic languages like Ruby and Python, whereas seamlessly profiting from Java libraries, companies, and all the assets of the JVM atmosphere. This booklet is helping you study the basics of Clojure with examples concerning it to the languages you recognize already, within the domain names and themes you're employed with each day.
This ebook teaches you the entire crucial wisdom required to profit and follow time-proven strong rules of object-oriented layout and significant layout styles in ASP. web five functions. you are going to discover ways to write server-side in addition to client-side code that uses confirmed practices and styles.
- Java the UML way: integrating object-oriented design and programming
- The Design and Analysis of Parallel Algorithms
- Concepts in programming languages
- Practical IDL programming
- The Art of Rails
Extra info for Learning Cocoa with Objective-C, 2nd Edition
3. Next, you'll be presented with a Window Environment configuration option, as shown in Figure 2-4. This configuration sets how Project Builder's interface is presented to you. Choose between having everything in one window and having everything occupy its own window. Figure 2-4. com If this is the first time that you have started Project Builder, you will be presented with an Assistant to set up your application preferences. personally use. If you have used another IDE, such as CodeWarrior, that uses many windows and are comfortable with that approach, you may want to select one of the other two options.
2] The name "nib" is an acronym for "NeXT Interface Builder," yet another vestige of Mac OS X's heritage. com 1. Return to Project Builder.
A blank window should appear once Project Builder is done compiling everything. Play with this window a little bit, and you'll notice that you can resize, minimize, and maximize it. Now, to finish our application, we should make it say "Hello, World" to us! To begin constructing a user interface using Interface Builder, the first step is to open the application's main nib file. nib in the Resources group of the Groups & Files list of Project Builder's main window. This will launch Interface Builder (if it is not already running) and open the nib file, as shown in Figure 2-16.