By Etienne Wenger
Expertise has replaced what it potential for groups to "be together." electronic instruments at the moment are a part of such a lot groups' habitats. This booklet develops a brand new literacy and language to explain the perform of stewarding expertise for groups. no matter if you must flooring your expertise stewardship in thought and deepen your perform, even if you're a group chief or sponsor who desires to know how groups and expertise intersect, or even if you simply wish useful recommendation, this can be the e-book for you.
Read Online or Download Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities PDF
Best technology books
* the last word troubleshooting and service reference for pro technicians and hobbyists makes a speciality of the most well-liked purchaser digital devices
* All significant customer electronics troubleshooting techniques--for the 1st time anywhere!
* hundreds of thousands of illustrations clarifying potent troubleshooting and service methods
* whole, updated troubleshooting and service assurance of good- kingdom TVs, audio/video cassette avid gamers, CD avid gamers, camcorders, and extra
With greater than one hundred sixty entries detailing every thing from the junk buried in table drawers to that mysterious field blinking away within the coat closet, this sensible advisor navigates via sleek place of work expertise. each one access features a sensible description of a tool (what it really is and the way it really works) in addition to details on who invented it and the way its layout has developed through the years.
Together with his figuring out eye and depraved pen, Michael Lewis finds how the net increase has inspired adjustments within the method we are living, paintings, and imagine. in the course of one of many maximum prestige revolutions within the historical past of the realm, the web has turn into a weapon within the palms of revolutionaries. previous priesthoods are crumbling.
- Mr. Single Shot's Gunsmithing Idea Book
- Enhancing Cognitive Fitness in Adults
- Rethinking the Internet of Things: A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything
- Similarity Methods in Engineering Dynamics: Theory and Practice of Scale Modeling
- Boundary Integral Equation Methods and Numerical Solutions: Thin Plates on an Elastic Foundation (Developments in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities
You are keen to create connections across disciplinary or practice boundaries. “Attentive Practitioners” You are interested in developing your practice, whether technology plays a major or minor role in your work. You are interested in learning with your fellow practitioners. You are searching for better ways to serve your communities and need to be able to talk about technology stewarding, demonstrate its value, and even communicate effectively about your identity in the role. You may describe yourself as a community leader, facilitator, sponsor, or coach, or as a technologist who supports, builds, or designs tool for communities.
As a result of that initial contact, we invited Robert Tollen to visit with members of our CPsquare community once a month for a year to talk about his community and his experience as convener and coordinator (a regular learning activity we call “shadow the leader”). As of January 2008, the community email list had 2651 subscribers from 42 countries, a majority from the US, then the UK, Australia, and Europe.  Etienne Wenger, A Social Discipline of Learning (forthcoming).  Jean Lave and Etienne Wenger, Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1991).
Com, where we share some of the worksheets and news related to the book. com/tools) where we have pages for specific types and combinations of tools. We invite you to build on that wiki and help the larger community of people interested in technology for community to learn together, day to day. com/actionnotebook. Part I: Introduction 1 Communities of practice: a glimpse of theory In this chapter we talk about the perspective that this book uses to explore digital habitats – that of learning together in communities of practice.