By Pascal Bugnion, Arun Manivannan, Patrick R. Nicolas
Scala might be a worthy device to have available in the course of your facts technology trip for every thing from facts cleansing to state of the art desktop learning
About This Book
- Build facts technology and knowledge engineering strategies with ease
- An in-depth examine every one level of the information research approach — from examining and gathering info to disbursed analytics
- Explore a wide number of information processing, laptop studying, and genetic algorithms via diagrams, mathematical formulations, and resource code
Who This publication Is For
This studying course is ideal if you happen to are pleased with Scala programming and now are looking to input the sphere of knowledge technological know-how. a few wisdom of data is expected.
What you are going to Learn
- Transfer and clear out tabular info to extract gains for laptop learning
- Read, fresh, rework, and write information to either SQL and NoSQL databases
- Load facts from HDFS and HIVE with ease
- Run streaming and graph analytics in Spark for exploratory analysis
- Bundle and scale up Spark jobs by way of deploying them right into a number of cluster managers
- Build dynamic workflows for medical computing
- Leverage open resource libraries to extract styles from time series
- Master probabilistic versions for sequential data
Scala is principally solid for studying huge units of information because the scale of the duty does not have any major impression on functionality. Scala's strong sensible libraries can engage with databases and construct scalable frameworks — leading to the construction of strong facts pipelines.
The first module introduces you to Scala libraries to ingest, shop, control, approach, and visualize info. utilizing actual international examples, you are going to layout scalable structure to approach and version facts — ranging from basic concurrency constructs and progressing to actor platforms and Apache Spark. After this, additionally, you will how to construct interactive visualizations with net frameworks.
Once you have got familiarize yourself with all of the initiatives excited by information technological know-how, you are going to discover information analytics with Scala within the moment module. you will see how Scala can be utilized to make feel of knowledge via effortless to stick with recipes. you are going to find out about Bokeh bindings for exploratory facts research and critical computing device studying with algorithms with Spark ML library. you will get a enough realizing of Spark streaming, laptop studying for streaming info, and Spark graphX.
Armed with a company knowing of knowledge research, you'll be able to discover the main state of the art element of knowledge technological know-how — laptop studying. the ultimate module teaches you the A to Z of laptop studying with Scala. you are going to discover Scala for dependency injections and implicits, that are used to write down computing device studying algorithms. you are going to additionally discover desktop studying issues similar to clustering, dimentionality aid, Naive Bayes, Regression types, SVMs, neural networks, and more.
This studying direction combines the superior that Packt has to provide into one whole, curated package deal. It comprises content material from the next Packt products:
- Scala for facts technology, Pascal Bugnion
- Scala information research Cookbook, Arun Manivannan
- Scala for laptop studying, Patrick R. Nicolas
Style and approach
A whole package deal with all of the info essential to begin construction beneficial facts engineering and information technological know-how options right now. It incorporates a varied set of recipes that hide the whole spectrum of attention-grabbing info research initiatives and should assist you revolutionize your information research talents utilizing Scala.