By Charlie Collins, Michael Galpin, Matthias Kaeppler
Android in Practice is a treasure trove of Android goodness, with over ninety demonstrated, ready-to-use innovations together with entire end-to-end instance functions and sensible suggestions for genuine global cellular program builders. Written by means of actual global Android builders, this e-book addresses the trickiest questions raised in boards and mailing lists. utilizing an easy-to-follow problem/solution/discussion structure, it dives into vital issues no longer coated in different Android books, like complicated drawing and images, checking out and instrumentation, development and deploying purposes, and utilizing substitute languages.
About the Book
It's no longer demanding to discover the data you must construct your first Android app. Then what? with the intention to construct genuine apps, you will want a few how-to suggestion, and that's what this publication is about.
Android in Practice is a wealthy resource of Android counsel, methods, and most sensible practices, overlaying over ninety smart and important strategies that would make you a more suitable Android developer. options are provided in an easy-to-read problem/solution/discussion layout. The e-book dives into vital subject matters like multitasking and providers, trying out and instrumentation, construction and deploying functions, and utilizing replacement languages.
What's Inside* strategies overlaying Android 1.x to 3.x
* Android for tablets
* operating with threads and concurrency
* checking out and building
* utilizing situation information and GPS
* types and themes
And a lot more!
This e-book calls for a operating wisdom of Java, yet no past event with Android is assumed.
Source Code are available at https://code.google.com/p/android-in-practice/
desk of Contents
* Introducing Android
* Android program fundamentals
* coping with lifecycle and state
* Getting the pixels perfect
* handling heritage initiatives with Services
* Threads and concurrency
* Storing information locally
* Sharing info among apps
* HTTP networking and internet services
* place is everything
* attract the senses utilizing multimedia
* 2nd and 3D drawing
* checking out and instrumentation
* construct management
* constructing for Android tablets
Read or Download Android in Practice PDF
Best technology books
* the last word troubleshooting and service reference for pro technicians and hobbyists specializes in the preferred patron digital devices
* All significant buyer electronics troubleshooting techniques--for the 1st time anywhere!
* 1000's of illustrations clarifying powerful troubleshooting and service methods
* entire, up to date troubleshooting and service assurance of reliable- kingdom TVs, audio/video cassette gamers, CD avid gamers, camcorders, and extra
With greater than one hundred sixty entries detailing every thing from the junk buried in table drawers to that mysterious field blinking away within the coat closet, this sensible advisor navigates via glossy place of work expertise. every one access contains a practical description of a tool (what it's and the way it really works) in addition to details on who invented it and the way its layout has advanced through the years.
Along with his realizing eye and depraved pen, Michael Lewis finds how the web increase has inspired adjustments within the method we are living, paintings, and imagine. in the course of one of many maximum prestige revolutions within the historical past of the realm, the net has turn into a weapon within the palms of revolutionaries. previous priesthoods are crumbling.
- Coffee: Volume 2: Technology
- Towards Green Marine Technology and Transport
- Elements of Food Technology
- Unsupervised Process Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis with Machine Learning Methods
Additional info for Android in Practice
This is a key point. The browser engine Android provides isn’t stripped down. It’s not exactly the same as your desktop browser, but it’s close. Also, it’s important to understand that use of WebKit isn’t constrained to the Browser application. In fact, you can embed HTML backed by WebKit directly into your applications by using a UI widget component called a WebView (which we’ll see in several examples in the book). This will allow you to seamlessly integrate your applications with content from the World Wide Web.
This is often annoying, but also understandable. Part of the power of Android is that manufacturers and carriers can customize it the way they want to. This is part of the reason why many of these companies have adopted the platform to begin with. Supporting applications, the Android platform includes a framework to run them in. The application framework provides a tightly integrated part of the platform SDK and APIs that allow for high-level interaction with the system from within applications.