By G. Aflakpui
Read Online or Download Agricultural Science PDF
Similar crop science books
Medicinal plant fabrics are provided via assortment from wild populations and cultivation. less than the final context of caliber coverage and keep an eye on of natural medications, WHO constructed the information on strong agricultural and assortment practices (GACP) for medicinal crops, offering basic technical counsel on acquiring medicinal plant fabrics of fine caliber for the sustainable construction of natural items categorised as drugs.
Horticultural stories provides state of the art reports on themes in horticultural technological know-how and expertise protecting either simple and utilized learn. issues lined comprise the horticulture of end result, greens, nut plants, and ornamentals. those evaluate articles, written through international gurus, bridge the distance among the really expert researcher and the wider group of horticultural scientists and academics.
Expanding meals costs have renewed issues approximately long term agricultural call for and provide within the worldwide economic system. This booklet seems to be at effects, tools, and information on foreign agricultural productiveness for a greater knowing of long-run tendencies and the regulations that ascertain them. via featuring a global evaluate of overall issue productiveness progress in agriculture, together with updated empirical research for constructed and constructing nations and areas, it presents a reaction to the emerging international shortage of agricultural creation.
- Modeling physiology of crop development, growth and yield
- Using Technology to Transform the Value Chain
- Sprinkle and Trickle Irrigation
- Fenugreek: The Genus Trigonella (Medicinal and Aromatic Plants - Industrial Profiles)
- Tomato Plant Culture: In the Field, Greenhouse, and Home Garden, Second Edition
Extra info for Agricultural Science
2006) points out that some of the traits favorable to producing a lignocellulosic crop such as being a C4 photosynthetically, lacking pests, rapid early season growth, and long canopy duration can also tend towards them being invasive. This would not work well in a rotation scheme with most conventional crops. S. transportation biofuel suppliers but will likely provide the great share of ethanol in the near future. In the United States, debate is underway concerning the use of corn as a primary source of fuel ethanol.
A crop rotation plan and accompanying records for a field and/or farm are required for certification as an organic farming operation (Johnson and Toensmeier, 2009). Organic farming and its use of crop rotations could be summed up in part, as the employment of proven crop management practices prior to the advent of pesticides and processed fertilizers. This is not to say that improvements on those rotation systems have not occurred. Most have been modified to accommodate mechanization and most other time saving ideas.
05) Table 4. Effect of crop rotation sequence on crop yield of corn and cotton from 2000 to 2003 in Stoneville, MS. , 2007). 3. Rice production and crop rotation Rice ranks third behind corn and wheat in total tons of grain produced in the world but it is the primary dietary staple for more people than any other cereal (Raun and Johnson, 1999). It is grown on every continent except Antarctica. 7 billion people in Asia (Neue, 1993). Peng et al. (1999) quoted that world rice production would need to be at least 600 million tons by 2025, an increase of 266 million tons above 1995 production just to maintain current nutrition levels.